Sunday, August 31, 2008

31st August!

When I woke up this morning, I opened my eyes to see my family in such a happy mood and I couldn't put my finger on why. Then when I took a walk around my neighbourhood I saw neighbours and complete strangers in that joyous frenzy as well with some of them shouting "Tanggal 31" and stuff concerning this date.

So I was stunned for nearly half the day until my mother asked me to go shopping with her to buy things, and it was then when I realised what the date meant to all Malaysians. When I saw that huge line at Baskin Robbins, I couldn't forget any longer, my Malaysian inside me forced me to get in line and savour that 31% discount.

Oh, Baskin Robbins, you're great monopoly of the ice-cream market in Malaysia is undoubted, but your ability to unite the entire Malaysia on one day for your ice-cream, you ability to make all of us forget our troubles and celebrate the 31st of August is indeed inspiring or perhaps one would say, "liberating". Baskin Robbins, you are indeed a Tokoh of Malaysia.

With your awe inspiring Flavours of the Month and 31% discounts, I salute you with by repeating your legendary words that you first used on us when you freed us from the colonisation of the treacherous Ice-Kacang of the past.

31% Discount! 31% Discount! 31% Discount!

p.s Merdeka clashing with Baskin-Robbins creates the shortest lines I have ever seen

No comments: